When considering a data center, there are many options to think about, but one that should be looked at is whether or not the data center is carrier neutral. A carrier-neutral data center offers multiple options for connectivity, whereas a non-carrier-neutral data center only has one option.
Here are some reasons your business in Orlando, Tampa, Lakeland, and other Florida areas should consider using a carrier-neutral data center for your colocation provider.
Why Is Carrier Neutrality Important?
Carrier neutrality is very important to a data center customer, as it gives options for blended connectivity. A non-carrier-neutral data center only leaves you with one service option and limited connectivity options. With a carrier-neutral data center, the business gets several advantages over a non-carrier-neutral data center.
Advantages of Using Carrier-Neutral Data Centers
Using a carrier-neutral data center has many advantages, including:
- It is cost-efficient to the consumer
- Offers increased flexibility
- More competition means there is a better rate negotiating position
- More capability for the data center to interconnect
- Reduces the risk of downtime as multiple connectivity options can step in should the first one fail for any reason
- Increased scalability means that depending on the business needs, you can easily extend your network and/or grow it faster
- The more carriers at a facility means it’s better for the overall ecosystem
At Colo Solutions, we offer direct cross-connect to carriers as well as a DIA product where we manage the carriers and do the failover if one fails.
Are you searching for a reliable, carrier-neutral data center?
With Colo Solutions, you get a trusted, reliable, carrier-neutral data center. Many clients have trusted our services to store their data for more than 20 years. Our downtown Orlando facility is in a great location for businesses throughout Florida, including Orlando, Tampa, Lakeland, and more. Give us a call today at (407) 210-2480 to discuss your data center needs.